Food Service Assistant
Catholic Central High School is searching for a part-time Food Service Assistant to assist in the food service programs at Catholic Central High School and Immaculate Heart of Mary School.
Ideal candidates for this position would possess:
- General knowledge and understanding of nutrition.
- Ability to interact positively with students, staff, and other personnel.
- Excellent organizational skills and able to respond and adapt when necessary.
- Dependable, with experience working in facilities utilizing quantity food production
Essential Functions/Primary Responsibilities
- Prepares food items according to standardized recipes and directions.
- Properly store food by adhering to food safety policies and procedures.
- Learn Point of Sale program and maintains students lunch accounts.
- Maintains excellent customer service and positive attitude towards guests, students, and co-workers.
- Practice personal hygiene and proper sanitation procedures
- Turn on, test, and monitor equipment at the beginning of the day
- Food preparation according to written and oral instructions
- Serve lunch and a la carte items
- Replenish food and maintain clean serving areas
- Monitor food and equipment temperatures always
- Exhibit courtesy and understanding to staff and customers
- Perform dishwashing duties of cooking, serving, and eating utensils tools
- Set up and break down of serving areas
- Receive, stock, and rotate incoming and outgoing inventory
- Participate in formal and informal training
- Exhibit the professional behavior of a reliable employee
- Perform preparation duties for the next day
- Maintain a neat, clean, and safe work environment
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
Job Qualifications and Requirements
- High School diploma, or GED
- General knowledge of materials and methods used in preparing and serving meats, breads, vegetables and other foods on a large scale; general knowledge of the use or care of food preparation equipment
- Physical requirements include walking, moving, climbing, carrying, bending, kneeling, crawling, reaching, handling, pushing, and pulling. Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time. Ability to be exposed to chemicals. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks.
Interested candidates should submit electronically a resume, letter of introduction, and references to:
or to complete an application for employment click here: School Employment Application
IHM is looking to expand its substitute teacher list. If you have teaching experience, please consider applying to be added to our sub roster. The following are characteristics of an ideal candidate:
- Teaching experience
- Ability to provide backup teaching services when full-time teachers are unable to work
- Ability to execute lesson plans left by the absent teacher
- Ability to create and maintain a respectful and fair classroom culture that fosters safe and productive learning
Interested candidates should submit a resume along with a diocesan employment application to:
Mrs. Holly Lake, Principal
Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic School
Please also include a copy of one of the following: Michigan Teaching certificate, Michigan Substitute Teaching permit, a copy of bachelors’ degree or a copy of your transcript with completion of 60 semester hours from two or four year regionally accredited colleges or universities (minimum 2.0 grade point average).